How many guests can Cornerstone Theatre host?
We can host wedding receptions and ceremonies for up to 200 guests.
For outdoor ceremonies we have 200 white folding chairs.
Do you have a minimum spend?
- We have a minimum spend for Weekend Weddings of $16,000 for weddings held in 2017 and $17,000 for 2018……….
- For Mid Week Weddings, our minimum spend is $6000 for 2017 and $7000 for 2018.
Are we required to use Cornerstone's catering?
- All food must be catered by Cornerstone Theatre.
Can I create my own menu?
- We encourage you to mix and match from our food items to create a personalized menu for the day.
Can we have a food tasting?
- Of course. We believe you should sample our delicious food before your special day. We offer complimentary food tastings approximately 3 – 5 months prior to your wedding.
Do you have a cake cutting fee?
- We do not charge to cut and serve your wedding cake to our buffet (charges will apply for cakes to be plated and served to tables-subject to availability)
Can we bring in our own alcohol?
- You may purchase and bring in your own wine purchased from a regulated Alberta distributor (no homebrew), and we charge a corkage fee of $20 per 750 ml bottle. All other alcohol must be purchased by Cornerstone Theatre.
- As a licensed premises all other alcohol must be purchased by Cornerstone Theatre in order to comply with AGLC rules and regulations
What bar options are available?
- We can offer an open, cash or toonie bar to help work within your budget.
How late can you serve alcohol?
- Our license allows us to serve until 2 a.m.
Can you help us to estimate our bar cost?
- Unfortunately, this is a difficult cost to estimate as there are so many factors to consider. However, we are happy to offer our experience on past weddings with you at your food tasting and planning meeting which is three months prior to your wedding day.
Who sets up the décor?
- We take care of this for you. We encourage you to bring in your own centerpieces, table numbers, seating chart, guest book and decorations for our fireplace. We will set this up for you and tear it down at the end of the evening. It will be ready for pick up the following morning.
Can I bring in extra décor?
- We want you to have the wedding of your dreams and the décor we can supply along with your centrepieces and lobby decorations is usually sufficient for you to personalize the room and create the ambiance and feel you are looking for. However, if you do have extra décor our policy is to ask us before purchasing anything as we do have the right to refuse.
- We do not allow extra lighting, (twinkle lights, chandeliers, etc), lanterns or decor to be hung from our ceiling or affixed to our walls. We also do not allow you to bring in chairs. If you have firm décor ideas, please discuss these with us prior to booking your wedding date.
Do you allow candles, fireworks or sparklers?
- Due to fire regulations open flames (candles, fire pits, etc), fireworks and sparklers are not allowed at the theatre. However, you can have candles if they are enclosed in a votive that contains the flame and the wax.
Do you supply the little extras?
- We know that the little things make a difference. At Cornerstone Theatre we can offer you Mr & Mrs marquee lights, fairytale twinkle lights, hot chocolate bar, s’mores bar, ice cream bar, popcorn station, candy bars, photobooths, DJ’s and more. Ask us for details.
Can we have our ceremony at Cornerstone Theatre too?
- We would love for you to have your ceremony with us, although this is not mandatory. Please take a look at our Ceremony Web Page or Brochure for further details. Please note we require 3 hours from the end of your ceremony prior to opening the doors for your reception.
Can I have a ceremony rehearsal at the theatre?
- Ceremony rehearsals can be booked providing we do not have an event the day prior to your wedding day. During the summer months, it is unlikely that we will have availability.
Is Cornerstone Theatre wheelchair accessible?
- Yes, the theatre is wheelchair accessible (except for the stage area).
Do you have partnerships with any local accommodation?
- We can provide you with email addresses of the Sales Managers for some of the local condos and hotels within walking distance of the theatre. They would love to be able to assist you with your room blocks.
Do you have suggested vendors for accommodation, flowers and cakes?
- We do have regular local vendors that many of our wedding couples have worked with in the past. Please see our Local Wedding Service Supplier page for more details
What happens if I book my Outdoor Ceremony and it is raining?
If you book your Outdoor Ceremony with Cornerstone Theatre, we will automatically reserve the theatre as a back-up for an Indoor Ceremony.
We still ask that you provide us with notice (the day before your wedding day) as to where you will host your ceremony so we can organize our staffing and you can inform your guests.
Can I use the Outdoor Ceremony chairs at the theatre?
The outdoor chairs are for outside only. Indoor ceremonies will use our current wooden chairs.
If I book the Cascade Mountain package for my reception and the Outdoor Ceremony, will my chairs be covered and have sashes.
Outdoor ceremony chairs will not be covered or have sashes. Due to the strict timeline that is given to us by the Town of Canmore, we are not able to provide this service.
However if you book the Indoor Ceremony Package or your ceremony is moved indoors due to the weather, you will get chair covers and sashes as per your Cascade Mountain linen choices.
Do you offer a chair rental, delivery and set up service for the Outdoor Ceremony without the Wedding Coordinator?
No, our Outdoor Ceremony Package includes all of the items listed including the Wedding Coordinator.
Does Cornerstone Theatre assist with booking the Marriage Officiant and Marriage License?
No, this is something you must do. We suggest booking your Officiant as soon as you can once you have your wedding date booked. Without a marriage license, you cannot legally be married.
What is the advantage of booking Cornerstone Theatre for my Outdoor Ceremony?
There are many reasons to choose Cornerstone Theatre to be a part of your special day. Here are just a few:
Continuity of service – you have one company as your contact for both the ceremony and the reception.
Level of service – we pride ourselves on offering an exceptional level of service throughout your entire wedding experience with us.
Money savings – you don’t lose money if you need to move your Outdoor Ceremony to an Indoor Ceremony. Booking chairs with another company will result in you paying twice (us and them). We are confident you will find our prices competitive.
Ease –Your wedding is an extremely important day and you put lots of time and energy into creating the wedding of your dreams. Let us help ease your stress by allowing us to be a significant part of your planning process.