How many guests can the Banquet Room host?
We can host weddings up to 80 guests.
Do you have a minimum spend?
We do not have a minimum spend.
Are we required to use Cornertone catering?
- All food must be catered by Cornerstone Catering.
Can I create my own menu?
- We encourage you to mix and match from our food items to create a custom menu.
Can we have a food tasting?
- Of course. We believe you should sample our delicious food before your special day. We offer complimentary food tastings approximately 3 – 5 months prior to your wedding.
Do you have a cake cutting fee?
- We do not charge to cut and serve your wedding cake to our buffet.
Can we bring in our own alcohol?
No, all alcohol must be purchased through Cornerstone Catering. If there is something in particular you would like at your wedding please let us know.
What bar options are available?
- We can offer an open, cash, toonie, or ticketed bar to help work within your budget.
How late can you serve alcohol?
- Our license allows us to serve until 1 a.m.
Can you help us to estimate our bar cost?
- Unfortunately, this is a difficult cost to estimate as there are so many factors to consider. However, we are happy to offer our experience on past weddings with you at your food tasting and planning meeting which is three months prior to your wedding day.
Who sets up the room and décor?
We do. We encourage you to bring in your own centrepieces, table numbers, seating chart, guestbook, and decorations for the pre-function room. We will set this up for you and tear it down at the end of the evening so it will be ready for you to collect the next day.
Can I bring in extra décor?
- We want you to have the wedding of your dreams. So long as the extra decor is not damaging to the building there is flexibility. However, if you do have extra decor our policy is to ask us before purchasing anything as we do have the right to refuse.
- If you have firm decor ideas please discuss these with us prior to booking your wedding date.
Do you allow candles, fireworks or sparklers?
- Due to fire regulations only candles with a contained flame (for example, inside a mason jar) are allowed. Fireworks and sparklers are not allowed.
Do you supply the little extras?
- We know that the little things make a difference. We can offer you a hot chocolate bar, s’mores bar, popcorn station, candy bar, photo booth, and more. Ask us for details.
Can we have our ceremony at Canmore Nordic Centre too?
- We would love for you to have your ceremony with us, although this is not mandatory. We have the option of three stunning outdoor locations: Cross Country Stadium, Tree Island, and Biathlon Wedding Site.
Is Canmore Nordic Centre wheelchair accessible?
- The banquet room and pre-function room where your reception will be held is wheelchair accessible. If you are looking to have your ceremony at Canmore Nordic Centre the Cross Country Stadium is wheelchair accessible and is the recommended location if any of your guests have difficulty walking.
Do you have partnerships with any local accommodation?
- We can provide you with email addresses of the Sales Managers for some of the local condos and hotels within walking distance of the theatre. They would love to be able to assist you with your room blocks.
Do you have suggested vendors for flowers, photography and music?
- We do have regular local vendors that many of our wedding couples have worked with in the past. You can find details of these at the back of our Wedding Brochures.
What happens if I book my Outdoor Ceremony and it is raining?
If you book your Outdoor Ceremony and Reception Cornerstone Catering, we will automatically reserve the Banquet Room as a back-up for an Indoor Ceremony.
We still ask that you provide us with notice (the day before your wedding day) as to where you will host your ceremony so we can organize our staffing and you can inform your guests.
Can I use the Outdoor Ceremony chairs inside the Banquet Room?
The outdoor chairs are for outside only. Indoor ceremonies will use our current wooden chairs.
What if I want to book my wedding reception more than 12 months in advance?
Unfortunately it is Canmore Nordic Centre policy that weddings cannot be booked prior to 12 months in advance to allow sporting events to book. You can express an interest in a date and we will contact you as we reach 12 months. For more details, please contact our Wedding Coordinator.
Do you offer a chair rental, delivery and set up service for the Outdoor Ceremony without the Wedding Coordinator?
No, our Outdoor Ceremony Package includes all of the items listed including the Wedding Coordinator.
How many outdoor ceremony sites are there at Canmore Nordic Centre?
There are three ceremony site available to rent at Canmore Nordic Centre: Tree Island, Cross Country Stadium, and the Biathlon Loop.
How much does it cost to rent a site for a ceremony?
All three sites have a flat rate fee of $500 for 3 hours.
Can I rent the location for longer than 3 hours?
Yes. If you would like to rent the space for longer, this is charged at $50 per hour. This must be booked in advance and is subject to availability.
How many guests can each site host?
The Cross Country Stadium and the Biathlon Loop sites can accommodate 150. Tree Island and the Banquet Room (indoor) can accommodate 100. If your guest count exceeds this, please let us know.
Can we rent our ceremony chairs from the cornerstone catering?
Yes. Cornerstone’s Outdoor Ceremony Package includes chair rental set up and tear down. For more information on our Ceremony Packages please see our Ceremony Brochure.
What does the DIY ceremony include?
The DIY Ceremony is the do-it-yourself package and simply includes the location rental only. No chairs, set up or coordination are included in this package.
In the ceremony brochure it states that there is a $100 surcharge for the biathlon loop site. Why is this?
The Biathlong Loop Site is further from the parking lot and requires additional staff for set up and tear down. This charge is only applicable when booking the ceremony package.
Are there any other costs to move our outdoor ceremony inside?
If you have already purchased the Outdoor Ceremony Package there is no additional cost. We will set up and tear down the room for your indoor ceremony.
If you have not purchased the Outdoor Ceremony Package but you decide you would like an indoor ceremony it is recommended that you purchase the Indoor Ceremony Package otherwise it is your responsibility to organize the furniture before and after the ceremony has taken place.
Can I book a ceremony rehearsal the day prior?
If you would like to book the ceremony location the day prior for a rehearsal it is subject to charges and availability.
How far in advance can I book a ceremony site?
Tree Island and the Biathlon Loop sites are available to book 12 months in advance. The Cross Country Stadium site can be booked 6 months in advance.
Can my guests throw confetti?
Unfortunately the Nordic Centre does nto allow balloons, bubbles, confetti, any organic substances (rice, flower petals), or bird/butterfly release. Please see the Terms & Conditions for more information.
Does Cornerstone Catering assist with booking the marriage officiant and marriage license?
No, this is something you must do. We suggest booking your Officiant as soon as you can once you have your wedding date booked. Without a marriage license you cannot legally be married.
What is the advantage of booking the outdoor ceremony package with cornerstone?
Our dedicated Ceremony Coordinator is familiar with all three wedding sites and will ensure your ceremony goes without a hitch.